Toro Rosso has over 250 employees divided into two offices: Faenza, and Bicester in England. In England there is the wind tunnel, around which the entire aerodynamic sector revolves. The administrative, logistics and engineering departments are located in the Faenza headquarters, the multi-storey building of over 7,500 square meters, named STR4. On the ground floor there are the test benches (electrified with the ALUPRES series by Palazzoli), the machinery and the warehouses. The first floor, on the other hand, is reserved for design, research and development (electrified with the PRIMA series by Palazzoli) and computerized fluid dynamics.
The needs and problems encountered for the electrical system:
- Frequent starting and stopping of highly inductive loads
- Manual and mechanical handling of loads
- Mechanical vibrations from pneumatic machines
- Possibility of accidental contact with oil and fuel
- Each socket is equipped with an AC3 AC23A switch disconnector suitable for highly inductive loads.
- In the event of a collision, the sockets are not damaged thanks to the aluminum alloy they are made of which offers an impact resistance of 30Kg at 1m (>> IK10).
- Each socket is equipped with anti-loosening screws.
- The screws, in stainless steel, are fixed in metal grains. Years later they can still be easily unscrewed.
ALUPRES sockets have excellent resistance to acids and bases.
ALUPRES series technical features: