ROTOR: the safe and high-performance industrial socket
The absolute novelty of ROTOR Palazzoli is the rotoswitched interlocked coupler.
ROTOR is a mobile switched interlocked coupler compliant with IEC60309-1 standard, which incorporates a disconnecting switch (AC-23A) with mechanical interlock to prevent accidents. This mechanism makes ROTOR a safe mobile industrial socket, guaranteeing protection to users and systems.
ROTOR range belongs to the Palazzoli's X-CEE range which includes plugs, sockets, rotoswitched couplers, socket-outlets for panel and wall-mounted versions of 16A, 32A, 63A, 125A.
The ROTOR mobile switched interlocked coupler is the only socket in the world with a rotary switch that prevents access to live parts.
How does the rotoswitched interlocked coupler work?
The use of the ROTOR rotoswitched interlocked coupler is very simple. By inserting the plug into the non-powered socket and turning the safety ring clockwise, the switch is automatically activated.
To remove the plug, simply turn the safety ring anti-clockwise. Once done, the switch cuts off the power supply and the plug pulls out of the socket in total safety.
The safety ring ensures that the switch is triggered independently, opening or closing the contacts automatically and simultaneously.
Where to use ROTOR?
ROTOR can be used in a variety of applications: field installations, construction sites, major events, markets, entertainment areas, cultural events, exhibition centres, public places, quarries, mines, agricultural and food industries, marinas, commercial ports, and shipyards.
Furthermore, it can be used for all configurations: outdoor manholes, temporary switchboards, extension cables, mobile switchboards, automation switchboards.
Rotor: IP69 protection rating and IK10 impact resistance.
ROTOR reaches the IP69 protection rate, the highest degree of protection. Maximum protection against dust penetration (IP6X), maximum protection against water penetration, even in high-pressure or steam cleaning systems (IPX9).
ROTOR is also suitable for use in the harshest environments, thanks to its IK10 impact resistance. It guarantees resistance to a temperature range of - 40 °C to + 60 °C, which allows the use of socket and plug in all weather conditions.
ROTOR counteracts all environmental hazards: dust, mud, acids, salt, UV rays, humid and corrosive environments, hail, and snow.
Rotor: simplicity of use
The ROTOR range is easy to use thanks to its features:
- Smart strain relief cable gland that makes ROTOR suitable for all types of cables (from 6.3 mm to 50 mm);
- Possibility of suspended use;
- No screws to fix the handles;
- Ergonomic shape;
- Easily tightened by the cable installer, the cable can be tightened by levering it with a screwdriver, or using a suitable spanner;
- Cable gland with hooking loop for overhead suspension;
- Comfort grip, comfortable and secure grip even with gloves on Non-slip;
- Coating on the rotating ring facilitates operation of the switch;
- Smooth shape of the handle that prevents the stagnation of liquids;
Indirect HD terminals prevent overheating and cable breakage, are standard on the entire range from 16A to 125A, guaranteeing perfect and stable connections over time and the smooth passage of current.
The panel versions give the freedom to:
- use the flange as a drilling template;
- freely drill the central hole without the encumbrance of terminals;
- simply fix the flange without the hindrance of ring nuts or covers;
- fix the insert with 1/4 turn to the flange;
Versatility is also found in the total modularity of the plug and socket inserts with the enclosures. Up to 2,436 customised solutions can be created in mobile, panel and wall-mounted versions.
Rotor: compatibility with TAIS
ROTOR is fully compatible with the TAIS series.
Plugs and sockets can be installed:
- in thermoset enclosures, to create multiple configurations to be fixed individually to the wall;
- in inclined containers to obtain 65° or 85° luminaires and reduce overall dimensions;
- on thermoset plates and then add a dummy box or a switchboard to protect against overcurrents and overvoltage;
- in combination with TAIS sockets, as a plug for supplying the switchboard or as a socket for drawing energy;
- in combination with civil sockets, including watertight sockets, for supplying industrial and civil loads.
Rotor's technology is now covered by Italian, American, European, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and Korean patents.