Salinity-resistant outdoor electrical system - Port electrified with TAIS series
Jebel Ali owns 71 berths. The entrance channel of Jebel Ali bordered by buoys starts 15 km (11.5 nautical miles) outside the port, has a depth of 17 meters and a width of 320 meters.
The element of Dubai's appeal is the Jebel Ali Free Zone (Jafza), created in 1985, which is the ideal hub for storage and distribution, aimed at a market of over 2 billion people.
Electrical system of the port, the conditions:
- aggressiveness of the environment: high salinity
- very high temperatures, up to + 55°C
- frequent sandstorms and solar radiation up to 1. 20 W / m2
- continuous feeding of containers, the latter contain perishable foodstuffs
- high impact resistance is required, since the socket panels are positioned inside the supporting structure of the containers, with frequent handling of loads
- aggressività dell’ambiente: alta salinità;
- temperature molto alte, fino a + 55°C;
- frequenti tempeste di sabbia e irraggiamento solare fino a 1. 20 W/mq;
- alimentazione continua dei container, quest'ultimi contengono generi alimentari deperibili;
- necessaria un'alta resistenza agli urti, poiché i quadri prese sono posizionati all’interno della struttura portante dei container, con frequente movimentazione dei carichi.
Why the electrical system with the TAIS series by Palazzoli:
- thanks to the thermosetting casing, complete protection is ensured in places exposed to the external elements
- TAIS sockets are totally protected against dust and have a high impact resistance >> IK 10 (30J) and withstand external temperatures up to + 70°C
- the internal safety package includes the AC3-AC23A category switch disconnector with a conditional short circuit current of 10,000A - steel interlocking safety bracket
- the TAIS system requires minimal routine maintenance, ensuring many years of uninterrupted service