IKEA was founded in 1943 by Ingvar Kamprad, who at the age of 17 received an award from his father for his commitment to the studio he used to start his business.
IKEA is a multinational company based in Sweden, specializing in the sale of furniture and furnishing accessories.
The electrical system of the new store in Roncadelle (Brescia) has been built with cutting-edge technologies to meet the needs of a large company.
The point of sale consists of two underground parking floors and as many floors that house the exhibition, the shop and the offices.
The electrical system of the IKEA garage has been built according to the requirements for the M.A.R.C.I. (Maggior rischio in caso di incendio Greater risk in case of fire) type C places and in particular:
- lighting devices shall be installed away from combustible materials;
- lighting devices subject to mechanical stresses, i.e. those installed in transit places at a height of less than 2,5m, have the lamps protected against impacts;
- in general, the degree of protection of the components of the system is not less than IP4X;
- the electrical lines are such as not to cause the ignition and/or propagation of fires;
- the overload protection devices are placed at the beginning of the circuits;
- the unipolar cables of the circuits are arranged close together, so as to avoid dangerous overheatingof adjacent metal parts, due to inductive effect;
The problems faced by the installation company of the electrical system were:
- resistance to mechanical stresses of vehicle movement;
- risk of fuel leakage resulting in a hazardous atmosphere;
- risk of propagation of flames in the event of fire;
SOLUTION for the electrical system:
The TAIS Series by Palazzoli has as its main feature the case in THERMOSETTING material.
This resin does not spread fire (self-extinguishing=VO and GWT 960°C), has a shock resistance equal to IK 10 and high thickness, separates the microclimate inside the socket from the outside.
Thermosetting is a non-deformable and hydrophobic material, so it does not dilate and does not allow condensation to form.