The FERALPI Group has developed over the years its activity mainly in the steel industry at the service of construction. In the steel sector, the planned development has led over time to the acquisition of important companies in Italy, Europe and North Africa. With more than 1,700 employees and a production of more than 2.5 million tons per year, including steel and finished products, with 93% of recycled material (rebar for reinforced concrete in bars and rolls, wire rod, electro-welded mesh and other derivatives). Today, the Group ranks among the largest and most qualified European producers in the sector.
Electrical system problems:
- maintenance of continuous casting machines, plates, ingot moulds, columns, cranes and auxiliary systems;
- use of complex electrical systems (steelworks activities);
- need for electrical systems with components suitable to withstand high temperatures;
- continuity regimes to ensure the continuous operation of the electrical system;
Electrical system solutions:
Having analysed the problems, Palazzoli envisaged the use of the TAIS series for the FERALPI electrical system, this guarantees:
- electrical system with continuous operation even in environments with heavy uses such as for foundry activities;
- the AC3-AC23A disconnector switch, supplied as standard on the interlocked sockets, keeps the safety distances of the packet of contact and avoids dangerous electric arcs triggered by dust deposits;
- all the interlocked sockets of the TAIS series are made of Palazzoli thermosetting resin, a material that does not propagate the flame, does not produce toxic gases and resists chemical agents over time.